Monday, September 19, 2011

My Final Goodbye

Posted by irnasofia at 1:20 AM

My Final Goodbye

© Katie L. Ruggiero
Sometimes I wish I could rewind my life,
To think about all my actions one more time,
And to think about all the people I hurt.
I knew all the pain would one day come back to haunt me,
And sure enough in the end it hit me.
Like a knife to my heart,
And a bullet to my brain,
I finally felt the pain early morning that day.
I knew I should have said good bye,
But I didn't want to see you cry,
I never knew I was going to die.
I thought I'd be back,
With plenty of time to pick up my slack.
The accident, it wasn't my fault,
The driver was drunk,
With empty bottles in the trunk.
He came from nowhere,
With no idea where he would end,
Not knowing he'd leave two young girls dead.
He just wanted to have a little fun,
No harm would be done.
Now I lie here as my life passes me by,
I don't even have the strength to cry.
I see the face of my friend at my side,
And think of her parents who would surely cry.
Mommy,
She didn't get to say goodbye,
And neither did I.
I want you to know my love for you was dear.
Tell daddy that I love him,
And tell that to my brothers, Scotty and Tim.
To all who loved and all who cared,
Thank you and goodbye.
I can hear the sirens now,
But my heart is filled with fear.
It's too late,
Death must be my fate.
So I guess my life ends here,
Please don't shed a tear.
I love you very much and my heart you DID touch.

*copy paste jep
Source: My Final Goodbye, In Memory Poem | Family Friend Poems http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/my-final-goodbye#ixzz1YKEJAN7k
Family Friend Poems

0 comments:

 

rain drops. Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review